Welcome to PrivateEyePi
This is a project website dedicated to developing products and ideas for you to implement with a Raspberry Pi.
All software and source code we provide is free of charge can be copied, shared and modified without restriction. There are no charges for the alarm system or any of the projects. The parts you will need are described in the projects and can be sourced on your own or bought from the PrivateEyePi Store.
- Build a wireless temperature sensor, or a wireless door contact or panic button
- We have sourced high reliable wireless components that have very long battery life (over 1 million transmits from 1 battery) and very powerful radio frequency signal that can easily operate in and around your home.
- A very low $20 price point per sensor
- Visit the PrivateEyePi store to purchase the components
Build a simple home alarm system and link it to existing door contacts or alarm sensors
Connect the alarm system to our server which will feed your own personal WWW dashboard, which is designed for mobile devices
Use the dashboard to control your alarm system zones, and view alerts and activity logs
Configure your Raspberry Pi to send email alerts to you whenever a alarm occurs
Receive alerts and view your dashboard from you PC, smart phone or any device that has a browser and connection to the internet
- Webcam Surveillance Projects
- Create a surveillance monitor using any popular webcam and a Raspberry Pi
- Create a motion sensor from a webcam and a Raspberry Pi
- Create email alerts with pictures attached when motion is detected.
- View a temperature graph and historical temperature reading log.
- Build a simple digital temperature gauge with the highly accurate DS18B20 sensor
- Display a temperature gauge in Celsius (centigrade) or Fahrenheit on your dashboard
- Add as many temperature gauges as you like to your dashboard
All of the above projects use the same dashboard, but you can complete each project in isolation of each other.
- Siren Project
- Attach a buzzer or external siren to the alarm system
- This project is dependent on you completing the alarm system project first
Temperature graphs now available on your dashboard showing your average hourly temperature for the past 24 hours, per gauge: